Selected by the U.S. Navy, EMCOR Government Services (EGS) is the on-site provider of complete facilities services at the 4.7 million-square-foot Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
EGS provides exceedingly reliable day-to-day services, always-available technical expertise, high-performance facility operation, efficient call handling, timely emergency response, and maximum safety and quality control—all while ensuring patients, visitors, and medical personnel remain comfortable and operations are minimally disrupted.
EGS also applies the expertise gained from its extensive experience at other military facilities to help ensure that all work complies with appropriate Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) regulations and codes.
The U.S. Navy required a facilities manager that could consistently facilitate optimum operations at the 4.7 million-square-foot Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
EGS serves as the facilities services manager for this ongoing project, fulfilling a varied and extensive project scope that includes services such as:
- Complete building maintenance, including plumbing and electrical systems maintenance
- HVAC and utility plant operations
- Structural assessments and repairs
- Hiring, training, and management of a team of approximately 50 technicians that oversees work control procedures
- Staffing and management of a 24/7 call center
- Compliance with all appropriate JCAHO regulations and codes
The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is one of the primary treatment centers for wounded military returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. The center’s 88 buildings are staffed by 4,500 doctors, nurses, technicians, and other personnel.