EMCOR Government Services (EGS) provides ongoing facilities management to this medical center, providing maintenance and repair capabilities in addition to delivering critical services for specialty systems, equipment, and laboratories, as well as specialized landscaping and snow removal.
EGS’ expertise in this area allows them to deliver on a number of essential operational requirements. In addition to handling facilities service requests rapidly and efficiently, EGS helps maintain optimal parts availability with limited storage space; a comfortable environment for patients, staff, and families; compliance with all military, local, and regulatory requirements; and minimal disruption to daily operations.
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital was committed to a smooth transition from new construction to ongoing facilities management, as well as the ongoing maintenance of the facility to help ensure high-performance operations. A crucial objective was delivery of critical services for specialty systems, equipment, and laboratories, as well as specialized landscaping and snow removal.
EGS meets the extensive needs necessitated by the operation of a premier medical center through a variety of solutions, including:
- 24/7 staffing for mission-critical systems
- 24/7 coverage for a central utility plant and a utility control
- Continuous monitoring of critical equipment, including energy management and alarms systems
- Fast, efficient service request management via EMCOR’s rapid help-desk capability
- Development of a limited-space materials handling plan that limits inventory while helping to ensure the facility is never short on supplies
- Synthesis between EGS-preferred vendors from the facility’s existing contractor list with EGS’ vast network of high-quality, local vendors
- Development of a site-specific safety plan that includes extensive human-resources training and communications schematics
- Compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) regulations and codes
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is a 120-bed, 1.3-million-square-foot healthcare facility with various specialty care outpatient clinics. It includes an intensive care unit and level II nursery as well as a Warrior Transition Unit.