EMCOR Government Services (EGS) provides the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) with integrated facilities services, including HVAC, mechanical, and electrical services. Over the course of our contract, we have:
- Met unanticipated requirements, like immediate temporary staffing, including engineering staff, who we were able to bring in from nearby facilities as FDIC transitioned from their previous contractor
- Provided uniquely governmental solutions, including responding to and providing staffing during national emergencies around demonstrations near FDIC
- Ensured the highest levels of integrity and reliability with our security infrastructure, including thorough background checks
- Promoted flexible and evolving contract models, shifting from a cost-plus to a firm-fixed-price structure in order to help reduce paperwork and increase efficiency
- Earned a number of in-house and industry accolades, including recognitions for mechanical operations and employee excellence
- Provided seamless oversight of the in-house and subcontractor team from our project managers
- Achieved high levels of customer satisfaction by training our entire team in customer service attitudes and actions
FDIC sought a professional, high-quality team to take over the entirety of their building operations and maintenance services, spanning everything from landscaping, janitorial, and plant maintenance to energy management, construction, and mechanical/electrical services.
EGS’s integrated facilities services responsibilities on the FDIC contract include:
- Mechanical and HVAC systems, including operation and maintenance of chillers, cooling towers, boilers, and all associated pumps, piping, computer controls, and monitoring equipment
- Electrical services and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) systems, including several types of electrical systems supplying utility and emergency power
- Interior and exterior lighting, including operation, repair, and maintenance
- Power distribution to computer room, including the operation and maintenance of nine power distribution units
- Cafeteria kitchen equipment, including cleaning, maintenance, and repair for grills, steamers, ovens, and refrigerators at two cafeterias
- Electronic door lock systems, including 354 doors in the Student Residence Center
- Architectural and structural sustaining maintenance and cleaning, including carpentry, cabinetry, touch-up painting, and blinds and curtain repair
- Elevator maintenance, including labor, materials, parts, and supplies for inspections, routine preventive maintenance, repairs, and emergency after-hours services
- Janitorial services, including window washing, trash removal, carpet and upholstery cleaning, garage cleaning, and snow removal.
- Commercial landscaping and plant care, including pruning, mulching, fertilizing, and maintaining and cultivating grass; and providing and caring for plants in public areas and offices
The FDIC is a United States government corporation that provides deposit insurance to depositors for commercial banks and savings banks. Founded in 1933, today FDIC employs more than 5,000 people and provides deposit insurance to thousands of institutions.